Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Waitress...check...er... my kid please!!

...first off.. I'll be honest.. I don't remember things in sequence at this point, so I'm adding stuff at random for a while, stories that demand to be shared, awesome adventures, crazy times, all that sorta stuff. so.. bear with me till I/ we get caught up lol.

During one of our first nights in town we went into Cody to have a decent dinner. More or less to celebrate getting an apartment, and starting a new life so to speak, in a place we both love. We found this historic looking place called the Irma.
The Irma is very cool. ...and very historical. It is a hotel and restaurant that Buffalo Bill Cody owned. The bar is still the original, and is very awesome looking. I haven't ventured past the restaurant and bathroom, but what little I have saw, its a very cool place and I highly reccommend it.
The waitresses couldn't get enough of Sierra. They kept coming over and dolling all over her. She of course was soaking it up in true Sierra fashion.
We had a great meal, and a really good time. We felt very welcome to the community.

fast forward several weeks later. We we're already in town possibly for a sporting event capped off with a drive up the north fork road. By the time we got back it was about 7:30 and we both were hungry for some good prime rib, which the Irma claims to have the best in teh west.. I'm not sure it's the best in the west.. but its very good... trust me.. I'm not a prime rib fan.. but I like it!
sadly the buffet was closed, but we still found good food. I had a barbeque special and he got meat loaf. While we were eating, Sierra was getting lil morsels of food like mashed potatoes, bits of bread, stuff liek that. The staff had dolled on her a bit but nothin too major at this point. We were just finishing up our meal when one of the staff came over and scooped her out of her booster seat and was carrying her around the restaurant. I was a bit nervous to say the least and kept an eagle eye on her. I was ready to pounce for the kill if need be. She took her past every table, and every single person told Sierra how cute she was....she is going to be so conceited by the time she is 3 lol. Sierra enjoyed playing at the mirror behind the bar. ..She loves mirrors.
After what seemed like an eternity, but was probably only 5 minutes tops in reality, she returned Sierra to us. I'm not sure what nationality she was, but she had a very cool accent when she was talking to us and Sierra. Sierra tried to steal her necklace, but wasn't able to.

I'm slowly getting used to people being super friendly out here. I'm definetely not used to this at all. It's kinda cool, but really nerve wracking too. I'm pretty sure come summer she won't be taking my kid for a walk around the place...but when there was only 5 other people in the place it wasn't tooooo bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment