Monday, June 22, 2009

free boat rides

The Big Horn Rec. area had their annual Big Horn Lake days, which included among other things, free boat rides on teh resevoir through the canyon. Very cool....well, at least once I relaxed enough to enjoy it. There is something about having nightmares about something for a couple days the week before you go that kinda ruins the mood until you remind yourself nothing that is happening in reality was like your dream. Admittedly, the captain didn't help my fears any by jokin that they had only lost one guy all day and if you see Billy to let them know.
The sights were breath taking, and amazing. The lake is huge! The canyon walls tower way above you. It;s pretty wild. I would love to own a boat and fish and boat on that lake!
Sierra seemed to enjoy it while she was awake at least. She didn't like wearing the life jacket, but she really wasn't given a choice. Its the law, but after my nightmares, she was wearing one no matter what!
After the boat ride, we went to teh beach area and I let Sierra walk the shoreline holding my hands. The water was a bit chilly, but it didn't bother her one bit. She waded about thigh deep and would have sat down if I would have let her lol. She wasn't very happy when it was time to sit on teh shore and wait for daddy to get done taking photos for work.
We drove the wild horse range, and saw about 6 horses, all up close.. but all on Randals side of the car so I didn't get any pictures. I did get lots of pics of wild flowers though, which made me happy.
Then we were off to get photos of the catfish derby. I didn't get to see any of the anglers for that, since Sierra had fallen asleep and we didn't want to disturb her. It was a fun day. I may have enjoyed the mule rodeo just as much, but unless another one happens, I guess I may never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment