Thursday, June 11, 2009

quick update/ restaurant review

We haven't been doing a whole lot of exploring lately, but the other day we had a baseball game to cover in Lovell, so we snagged a pizza from Pizza on the Run, which was incredibly good and made the short detour to the big horn rec area to see the wild horses and see how high the water had gotten since we have had an unusually wet spring.
The resevoir was up quite a bit, and we were a bit surprised that the first furry critters we saw were a small pack of big horn rams. They were all right next to the road on my side. I have to admit when the one jumped up and was staring me down I couldn't help but remember the youtube video of the ram having a case of road rage and bumping the cars front bumper. I was glad this one just stared me down the entire time I was snapping off pictures, he made it hard on me though, as he blocked a couple of them, and made teh others hard to get a GOOD pic of. I did get at least one amazing shot of him though. I guess that counts for something.
We drove all the way through and hadn't saw our wild horses and were a bit shocked that we might get skunked for the first time. After going down one of the side areas we finally found a single mare. I have no idea where the rest of the herd was, they aren't typically solitary animals. On the way out we finally saw one more just a short distance from teh start of the horse range.. go figure lol. Still have no idea where the rest of the herd was though.

Randal went on a bird watching tour today. I was going to, but it would have involved getting up at 5 am, and taking the car seat out of our car and putting it into the shuttle van. I wasn't sure if anyone else was going, so I didn't want to risk getting there and it ending up being full. It also wasn't the warmest weather this morning that early, and as it turns out, it was raining the entire two hours Randal and the guide were out on the walk, so it was better I didn't got. I guess they saw 26 varieties of birds.. There are a TON of birds I am not familiar with out here. At some point I will try to start photographing them, but for now, I'll settle for the bigger critters.

Tonight we decided to try the Lamplighter Inn. We'd read a good review of it on Yahoo, and were excited to try something new in town. We were rather disappointed. The food was horrifyingly overpriced, and wasn't THAT good. It was alright.. but not for the prices they were charging. They cheated when it came to desert though.. they have a Godiva chocolate cheesecake.. how am I supposed to have enough will power to fight THAT??? At least that was good!
Slowly and surely we are getting a list of places to go out here for when our friends and family visit.
Admitedly, I would love to have more of my friends and family move out here.. that would be really cool. I joke that my motto is: I came...I saw... and now I'm conquering LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment